funny story, this will make you laugh. Easter holidays and people are having days off, meaning shopping malls to be crowded, heavy traffic and loads of food. Perfect. I managed to break my husbands teapot and a big water jug, but hey, I’ve always been quite clumsy. Promised him to get him a new one and so there we were, today in the morning, putting our rain-boots on and getting ready to conquer the mall.
As I was putting my coat on, I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing pants not very flattering for my body shape, and as I looked at myself from behind, I went:
Omg since when’s my butt become so big?
My husband replied with: “No wonder it’s been big, you’re sitting 24/7, that’s what you’ve been doing.”
Now every woman ever will know that he screwed up big time. So there I was, my turn to react (or not). I could think of at least 246 choices. Here are a few:
- I could have been devastated and could have spent another 2 hours examining my look from behind from every angle and trying to figure out whether he was right.
- I could have bursted into tears for him being so rude and for telling the truth.
- I could have felt really really bad, humiliated, ugly and unattractive and might have started thinking about dieting or exercising (but that’s not possible at the moment, because I can’t even walk).
- I could have fallen into despair.
- I could have tried to defend myself by shouting at him.
- Or pretend to be an ostrich and not deal with the whole thing at all.
- I could have killed my husband for being an idiot.
- Or send someone to do that for me.
Now, before you send someone round to shoot my husband, please note that he’s never been very good with verbal expressions. Not that I am defending him or anything.
I know so many women to whom an event like that would spoil their entire day or week. And in a millisecond before starting to shout at him, I played several scenarios and how that might impact my day, I decided to do some assessment and pick the most useful response. Not for him, but for me.
- My husband made a rude remark, which I will ignore and will not let it impact any of my thoughts or actions, except for writing this blog.
- He is well aware it was rude. I’ll leave it up to him to deal with it. His laundry is none of my business.
- It’s true that I’m sitting a lot lately. But it’s not because I would chose to do so, it’s because I am currently in too much pain to do any exercise or walk.
- It’s the time of the month when my body’s doing its best to hold a possible baby. So consequently I might be a bit bloated. My breasts are bigger (and welcomed), so why would my butt not be allowed to be as well?
- If my butt indeed has become bigger, so what. It is still my butt, I love it, it is serving me very well and I’ll keep loving it.
- Big butts are very sexy.
- If it will indeed bother me or will become uncomfortable, I will do something about it. But at the moment I am totally okay with it.
- I am actually looking forward to having a big butt. In the upcoming months I will be sitting a lot and it is better to sit on a soft cushion than sit on a bony footstool.
See the difference? The trick is you can always, ALWAYS chose how certain events might affect you. Today I was in a good vibration, so I managed to do it elegantly and in only a second. And you got a witty story 🙂
Here’s to our butts,
9 thoughts on “How did my butt get so big??”
I like how you turned a situation that could have been negative to a positive situation. Not very many people take time to think before they react.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, true, very true and not easy at all if you’re letting yourself be influenced by what’s happen. Doesn’t happen very often to me that I would be able to react consciously, but it certainly can be done!
So eloquently put on paper, not really surprising that would able to do that well. Language is your business, as is being able to look at situations from different perspectives. So, what perspective would be most useful for you, and of course your husband. You answered it with great detail and thought, I love your written stories. keep them coming! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Awww dear Mark, this is the nicest compliment I have received today – thank you!
Well, dearest Biba, I wish I could be able to make it such an easy task in my present job as well. You are so easy to please! Please, stay around, you are good to have near!
Hahahaha if you’ll keep making compliments like that (getting better and better!) I wouldn’t even think of going anywhere further than several yards!
PS I am from the Caribbean originally, we do not have negative thoughts about butts. Big, medium, small, it is all good, women will decide themselves if they like what it is or that they hope for some change. So, here is some more change talk… 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
🙂 🙂 🙂
Not Cuba, are you? (awwww)
So sweet comment above dear Biba, why have we not found each other sooner? You are so good for my ego, not that I am looking into that at all. Still, if you keep up that good work, who knows what my ego best hopes for our talking will be! 🙂